Tuesday, February 7, 2012

From My Kitchen to Yours...

So seems how I have all the time in the world right now...I have been a crazy, busy, woman cooking dinner.  I know most of you are shocked, but come on anyone can cook.  I can honestly say that I have blown my husband away also.  He tells me he may have to work double on the gym time.  Okay so here we go!

I am posting the links instead of writing everything down, so feel free to enjoy them yourselves.

1.)  Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus & Tomatoes.
http://www.abigmouthful.com/lemon-orzo-salad-with-asparagus-and-tomatoes/

This is what mine looked like.........This dish can be eaten hot, room temp, or cold.  We ate it hot. 

2.)  Cream Cheese & Chicken stuffed Red Bell Peppers.

I don't have a visual of my own but the were also mouth watering.  Garrett enjoyed them the next day for lunch also.
http://bunsinmyoven.com/2011/07/25/chicken-cream-cheese-stuffed-peppers/

3.) I must have gotten too into my food to take pictures of these.  This one I served with a fresh French Baguette.  To die for! Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp & Feta Cheese.  The only thing that i did different was I used grape tomatoes because I had a plethora of them in my fridge that needed to be used up.
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/roasted-tomatoes-shrimp-feta-10000000780294/index.html

4.)  http://www.everythingfab.com/2011/05/food-mozzarella-tomato-and-avocado.html

This is another great recipe to eat with a fresh baguette.  I ate it without and it was still deliciously filling.  It called for fresh seasoning but I decided to use up my dry seasonings first so I can replenish them.


5.) Shrimp Scampi....there is a first time for everything.  Well these are all firsts...but I think I rocked this recipe.  I will definitely be adding this to our "Family Favorite" box.
I will admit that I enjoyed it so much I couldn't tell that I wrapped one of the lemon slices in on my fork and took a huge bite. 

Comfort food for a finally, white dusting of snow on the ground.  This made me miss home from the times that my mother made this.  I will admit she didn't pass down her recipe but I think I will forward this one to her. 




7.)The last recipe for this posting was also declared a add to the "Family Favorite" box. 

This one also doesn't have a picture of my creation.  I promise to get better with it in time. 

I have taken a high interest at night and during nap times to go through the Pintrest, and Foodgawker, sites.  This is where I have found most of these recipes. I do grocery shopping on paydays so the 1st and the 15th of every month.  It gives me time to get coupons and arrange my list by aisles in the grocery store.  Then I wait till daddy comes home from work and do my grocery shopping solo!  Instead of carting around the man toddler.  Then of course when I get home they are both there to help me carry in all the goods.   I hope you all enjoy!














2 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum! I am always looking for new recipes for my family (bonus points if I can get my 3 year old to eat it), and these look fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete