Friday, November 4, 2011

Many Miles Away...

Well we made it and we are all in one piece.  Grey is still struggling with the time change, which makes for a cranky Mama with bags and circles under my eyes.  But all in all, I love it here!
For the Lil Manny...we have made him a traveler and for that I am thankful.  I think he was more excited about flying than Garrett and I.  He pulled an all nighter but snoozed during take off's and landings. 

It has been a busy few days with G improcessing and us looking for a rentable home.  In one day I beleiev we looked at about 9 different houses.  The last one we saw was the keeper.  We should be in that by next week, and I will post pictures as soon as possible. 

For now we are staying at the Ramstein Air Force Base in a pet friendly Inn.  It's huge!  3 bedrooms, 1 queen bed and two twins.  But they are seperated and Grey knows how to open the doors so We are all in the queen.  Unless the boy's including Sampson snore me out. 

The boys took me out to dinner for my big "31st" birthday.  We ate at the Macaroni Grill where I had a real glass of German wine.  Can't remeber the kind but it was delicious. 

We haven't got to venture out much other than house scouting so I am short on pictures.  Although when we first got off the plane it was a nice ride on the Autoban where I saw fields and field of grape plants.  It's beautiful fall foliage reminded of home, fall is such a beautiful season. 

This was Sampson's first time flying also and he did somewhat well.  We all know that he is gun shy so think of what it sounds like at the bottom of a plane.  Then getting straight off a plane and put on the bottom of a bus.  Yeah well, he wanted nothing to do with me for at least 5 hours after we got settled, but now he is back the good 'ol Sampson. 

We flew out of St. Louis, MO and we ended up going up a few days early so we could sleep in a bed instead of an empty house.  We took Grey to the the St. Louis zoo.  This is by far one of the best zoo's that I have been to.  The set up was amazing.
 Grey loves monkeys of any kind so most of our time was spent watching them play and swing.



The Arch...I made Garrett take me to see it and it just so happend that it was the day of the Cardinals parade.  We managed to get around of the traffic, but for miles it was just shirts of red.

 Grey likes to eat M&M's.....he will even help himself if he knows that I have them stashed.  But seriously who could yell at a face like this.  Talk about a sugar high though!

Daddy and Grey on the bus from Frankfurt, Germany to Ramstein

 This I believe is when we first took off from St. Louis to Washington.
I let Grey take pictures with my old camera and here is his shot of me on the bus to Ramstein!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it safely! Germany is the best! Love the picture of you and your little guy at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete