Thursday, December 15, 2011

Unsere Abenteuer in Deutschland...

Ahhh where to begin as I know that I have had many a requests to update our blog.  Sorry, we just got our Internet!  Which led to boring yet reliving my childhood days while occupying a  2 year old toddler.  Oh don't worry I am still as sane as ever.  Nothing that a little Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny and of course the all time favorite of "Go Diego Go" which has been watched numerous times in this household couldn't fix.

We found a house and have been living in it since about the first week after we got here.  We are located in a cute little town (who am I kidding right all of these little towns are cute) called Kindsbach.  Which is only a few miles from Garrett's work.  We don't have hardly any neighbors, except the man next door who owns a company and lives upstairs of it.  Which I wouldn't have known about until one morning when I was drinking my morning coffee and staring out the window watching the train go by.  He stepped out on his deck in his tighty whiteys and surprised the crap out of me. Glad my windows were shut so he didn't hear me laughing in my high pitched squeal.  So as for the entertainment I can not complain one bit about this nice, little country.

We have been to Trier, by car (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trier) and Heidelberg, by train (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidelberg) for their Weihnachtsmarktes.(Christmas Markets) The smells are amazing, the food delicious, and I took interest in the whittled wooden toys made by the Germans. Oh, and of course there German Gluhwein. (that's wine, mom! a spiced wine)   Grey took more interest in the carousels which he now rides all by himself.  In most of the pictures you see us tagging along with him. 

We are to get the rest of our shipped good next Tuesday and my car will also be here the 20th...so that means Mother & Son adventures while the daddy is at work . Oh, he just reminded me he has half days due to the holidays.  (family days)

We made it to our 4th anniversary and I left Greyson with a babysitter to go out to dinner with the amazing man I married.  I didn't even call the sitter once. They were both alive and well when we got back.  We ate at (https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nix-Maria-Twenty-Grand/147515822018705)  We had been there once before, and their hospitality and service was amazing they made me feel right at home and they just loved Grey.  (of course who doesn't)

We head for our anniversary trip/ marriage retreat this weekend in Garmisch.  It's a free, with childcare and food included.  Plus who wouldn't want to venture to Garmisch!!  I will post as soon as we get back. 

Enjoy these pictures for now!
                                                     Heidelberg Castle
                                                             Grey's first train ride
                                                           Lounging
                                                     Trier
                                                       Riding through Trier in a stroller
                                                         His innocent I didnt touch the tree look....
                                                             Our First Christmas tree
                                                        Driving in a metal car
                                               when he spots a carousel, he gets on.
                                           Blown glass right at the Christmas Market


                                                          A view on our way there...
                                                              Daddy's turn

                                                  Saluting like the German Security at the military gates.

                                                       He sure is growing up fast and has that innocent look....
                                                       I wonder what trouble he is going to bring me in the future...

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're having such a great time. Germany and Switzerland are my favorite countries in Europe. I spent time in Heidelburg as well. (Of course I don't remember how to spell it.) The Christmas ornaments are amazing! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete