Thursday, December 29, 2011

Gesegnete Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr!

( A blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!)

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and are all looking forward to the New Year! 

I won't lie our day missed our families but, then again we had all of Greyson's toys to play with and of course we played with his Train table all day.  I am so glad that I don't have a girl!  Not that I don't want one but it's the memories of playing with all of my brothers toys that I get to re-live.  Our day started out by Grey letting us sleep in till about noon.  Of course this is what we cherish now as I know it will most likely be the last year of it!  Late dinner due to sleeping in but it helped the day go by.

I apologize now to everyone for not getting a family Christmas picture or just an updated picture of Grey out this year.  It's been crazy gray here and I figure might as well wait till Spring where we can be in a beautiful setting other than dark and dreary.

We went on our first marriage retreat to Garmisch where it was all paid for by the Military.  Child care included so it gave us somewhat of a break from Grey.  (Not that we needed it. Haha) 
There was snow there and of course mountains...Garrett and I got to eat lunch on the mountain, we took a cable car up and the view was completely amazing.  I must add that this is the first time on a cable car so I believe Garrett compared me to a child in a candy store.  His intentions (which were hidden in the trunk of the car) were to take snowboarding lessons.  But as it was their opening weekend and not much snow and lack of time we were not able to go.  The items in the trunk of the car were also some items for him under the tree which so conveniently placed in the back of the car also.  My surprise was a skiing/ snowboarding helmet and goggles which were the items that Mom and I got him for Christmas.  Apparently he snooped. 

We had two days of classes which started on Friday and of course ended Saturday.  So Sunday we got up and ventured to Innsbruck, Austria.  Which if you ask both of us so far is our favorite place to visit.  Absolutely breath taking and Grey slept the whole time we ventured to the little town.  So it was quite enjoyable.  We will be going back to Garmish in February for Snowboarding lessons.  And get this Grey will get to spend everyday for 4-5 days making friends at the Military's CDC, which he enjoyed the last time anyways.

Some of the Alps view...

 A castle along the way to Innsbruck...
 The morning we left.

Grey wishes a Happy Holiday's to everyone!!!

As soon as I can figure out how to locate and move our videos from Christmas they will be posted here.

I promise there will be more pictures as soon as I get my Canon Rebel T2i back fro getting fixed.  I feel very lost without it.  But it had a slight accident and hopefully will be returned to me soon enough! And so it is...

1 comment:

  1. I've been there in Austria, but in the summer actually, we hiked the mountain. Thank you for letting me relive my memories through your blog! I'm so glad you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete